ActiveViam provides a precision analytics platform to help organisations make better decisions, faster – whether those decisions relate to detecting deviations, measuring risk, responding to unplanned events, or selecting the best course of action after simulating alternatives.
We routinely deliver solutions that solve the most demanding problems for financial institutions in areas such as Front Office, Market/Credit Risk, and Liquidity Management, a.k.a. when big moving data meet with a requirement for complex calculations and flexible interactive analysis.
We do this by combining our unique technology expertise (in-memory database, data compression, multi-dimensional aggregation, parallel processing, data streaming, reactive dashboards) with specific domain knowledge to deliver beyond customer expectations.
Founded in 2005, we have offices in London, New York, Toulouse, Paris, and Singapore.
About the Customer Success team
The CS team comprises business analysts and software engineers who help our customers realize the highest added value possible – in their business context – with ActiveViam’s innovative products and solutions.
Concretely, it is in charge of customer support, customer training and project delivery (i.e. helping customers with solution design, custom dev, performance tuning).
About the Role
As a Backend Software Engineer in the Customer Success team, you are a key contributor to help ActiveViam’s customers realize in a production context the business value that was articulated during Presales, and more.
You help design, develop, test and deploy products and solutions for and with our customers, by resolving support tickets and/or being part of a specific project delivery engagement.
Your job is generally supervised by a more senior staff, but some autonomy of decision is expected within well-defined scopes of work. Your primary responsibility is to write clean code that implements sound design principles, and be able to clearly explain how it was tested.
Being a Backend Software Engineer in the CS team means so much more than interacting with code and peers; we are passionate about getting end users to successfully use our software solutions and have the willingness to understand their needs in a business context.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering / Computer Sciences.
- 2+ years experience in support and engineering in/with financial institutions.
- 2+ years experience in core java development for data analytics use cases, w/t focus on memory, concurrency and algo performance.
- Passion for identifying problems, participating in solutions definition and then wanting to personally convince people of the right fit of such solutions.
- Genuine interest in technologies and how they can empower business people to do their job more efficiently, in particular when it comes to analyzing data to steer the business.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Travel: flexibility to travel at short notice and travel across Europe.
- Experience in market risk, credit/counterparty risk, or liquidity use cases.
- Experience with some BI tools (e.g. Tableau, QlikView, PowerBI)
- Experience with Python scripting (at least basic data curation).
- Experience with devops frameworks/tools.
- Experience with some data storage/query engines.
- Experience with some in-memory computing frameworks.
What we offer:
- A friendly and collaborative team in an awesome new office in the Buzzing West End of London
- World leading platform that pushes Java and the JVM to its limits – check out some of our blog posts and talks from JavaOne
- The possibility to travel to client offices in Europe (France, Germany, Spain etc)
- Wide variety of roles, but always very much technically focused.
- Fruit in the office, Deliveroo Friday lunchtime meetings, regular drinks/social events (20/20 cricket, cocktail/wine tasting nights).
- Larger events such as summer garden parties, Christmas parties, winter seminar in the French Alps (previous ski trips to Tignes, La Clusaz, Chamonix, Meribel)
- Competitive salary, private medical insurance, life insurance, cycle scheme, hybrid WFH policy.