The Quick filter widget allows you to easily add filters to all widgets on a page from inside the dashboard.
This allows end users to control specific Page level filters without having to see all other editing controls.
Add a new Quick filter
After adding a Quick filter to your dashboard, you will be prompted to select a hierarchy for it to target.
The Quick filter will present members from this chosen hierarchy for filtering.
Different widgets might query different cubes. The Quick filter will apply to every widget whose cube contains the hierarchy targeted by the Quick filter.
Quick filter display modes
Quick filter's have four different display modes:
- Multi-select allows selecting multiple values in a dropbox.
- Select allows choosing a single value in a dropbox.
- Checkboxes list all members of a level. Users can enable as many as they like.
- Radio buttons display all members of a level and allow users to toggle between them. Only one button can be active at a time.
Change the Quick filter display mode
To change a Quick filter's display mode:
- Click the
...in the top right corner of the widget.
- Click Display as.
- Select the new display mode.