Development vs Production mode
When deploying your application, make sure that you bundle ActiveUI in production mode. This will ensure that the code is minified and will disable all costly development assertions and warnings.
Where to deploy?
As to where to deploy ActiveUI, here are the different possibilities for the choice of architecture:
- With serve to try your production build locally.
- In the same application server that serves ActivePivot: we usually recommend this setup for quick deployment, debugging purpose or when there is only one existing ActivePivot application.
- In a separate server, distinct from the ones hosting ActivePivot: this option is best suited for complex architecture where there are multiple ActivePivot servers involved (distributed or not), so that restarting a server would not interrupt the communication with other backends. If all those servers share the same Content Server, it can be relevant to serve ActiveUI from that Content Server.
Whichever application server is used (Jetty, Tomcat, etc...), please make sure that compression is enabled for both:
- the server hosting ActiveUI
- the server hosting ActivePivot Server